Expedia in Geneva
Living and Working in Geneva
There are many reasons why people flock to Geneva for work and play. Its ancient old town is a step back in time with cobblestone streets and many antique boutiques, while more than thirty museums and art galleries capture the rich and vibrant history of the city. If your interest is outdoor recreation, Geneva's natural beauty provides a year-round playground, including sailing on Lake Geneva, hiking, kayaking, and skiing in the surrounding mountains.
Whether traveling to work or just around town, Geneva's world-class transportation system makes getting around easy, and railways provide quick access to neighboring countries.
Ready to learn more about life in Geneva? These resources on real estate, schools, transportation, and activities are a great place to start your exploration!
- Rental property
- Local news in English
- For children
- Medical care
- Learning French
- Finding Things
- Send an e-mail to the Geneva Welcome Centre to request notifications about new apartment listings in Geneva.
- Guide to neighborhoods City of Geneva
- Legal guide to rentals Geneva Welcome Centre
- Mandatory Swiss residential taxes Department of Foreign Affairs
- Rental property lexicon AngloInfo Geneva
- Classified ads for housing WRS Radio
- Roommate bulletin board Easy Roommate
- Furnished monthly rentals Residence Mole Meubles
- High-end rentals Home Sweet Home
Local news in English
- Social events organized by expats Glocals
- Cultural Calendar Geneva Tourism
- Geneva Cinema Movie listings: VO = Dialog in English
- Weekly Tuesday-night jazz sessions AMR
- Theatre in English Geneva English Drama Society
- National Swiss event calendar Memento Guide
- Official Swiss tourism website My Switzerland
- Boat rides on Lake Geneva Mouettes Genevoises Navigation